Central Yavapai Metropolitan Planning Organization (CYMPO)Under general direction, performs professional duties of considerable difficulty as it relates to transportation planning.
Employment with Yavapai County Government is contingent upon successfully passing a criminal background check and verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses and certifications, as applicable.
We provide equal access and equal opportunity in employment and services and do not discriminate.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the planning of major transportation corridors, Regional Road projects, multi-modal transportation projects and the Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program (MTIP); Assists with the implementation of regional multi-modal planning projects through the development of corridor studies, design concept reports; monitors consultant contracts and performance, approves consultant work and ensures consistency with an approved scope of work. Prepares applications for and administers grant programs for transportation related projects. (20%)
- Coordinates the Section 5310 application process, working with applicants, and ADOT to ensure complete and robust applications. Identifies potential recipients, training, soliciting applications, answering questions, reviewing applications for completeness. Monitors projects once they are awarded and implemented. Works with eligible member governments to apply for transit grants, such as Section 5311. (20%)
- Provides technical support for projects to other governmental agencies, elected officials, community organizations and the general public. Serves on technical advisory committees for state, regional and local transportation studies and corridor development. (15%)
- Prepares / assists with preparation of, as well as updates regularly: Unified Planning Work Program; Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program; FHWA & ADOT annual review; all annual reporting or as requested; professional services agreements; RFPs and RSOQs; and ADOT and ADOT required policies. Attend FHWA, FTA, ADOT, and CYMPO planning meetings. (15%)
- Works with other government agencies and the public as required to coordinate transportation planning efforts for regional projects. Organizing and running high level working and technical group meetings, maintaining effective working relationships with regional jurisdictions, and coordinating the flow of information to maintain a proactive planning approach with various governmental agencies including, but not limited to, Arizona Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, Federal Transit Administration, Council of Governments, Regional Transportation Planning Organizations, State Transportation Board, City/Town Councils, State Land Department, Bureau of Land Management, Forest Service, Trails Committees and other community based organizations. (10%)
- Coordinates regional transportation planning in conjunction with local coordinating council and other regional transportation providers. Identifies problems, gathers and analyzes information and makes recommendations to the CYMPO Board and/or Administrator. (10%)
- Tracks data relating to population, proposed regional developments and analyzes the impacts and future needs for the transportation system on a regular basis. Performs technical review, analysis and provides comments for regional transportation related projects. (5%)
- Performs other job related duties as assigned. (5%)
Find out more