CYMPO reserves the right to conduct the following with its social media platforms:
- Adding or changing any content, including deleting content.
- Discontinuing any of its social media channels at any time.
- Commencing new social media platforms at any time.
CYMPO may, at any time and at its own discretion, delete or hide irresponsible content or content that is inconsistent with the purpose of the agency’s social media channels. CYMPO also reserves the right to delete or hide inappropriate comments or block a user who posts inappropriate comments, as determined in CYMPO’s sole discretion, on any of the agency’s social media channels including, but not limited to, comments or posts that:
- Contain obscene or foul language.
- Promote commercial services or goods.
- Promote violence.
- Promote illegal activity or behaviors.
- Contain language that threatens or defames any person, organization, ethnic group or religious group.
- Contain spam or links to other websites or applications (apps).
- Violate the legal ownership interest of another party, or infringe on copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property.
- Contain personally identifiable information, including medical information.
- Include information that may compromise the safety or security proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
- Promote, foster, or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, skin color, religion, age, gender, marital status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic status, national origin, and physical or intellectual disability.
- Contain political arguments or positions.
- Contain false or misleading statements.
Links that take you out of the Central Yavapai Metropolitan Planning Organization (CYMPO) social media channels are not under the control of CYMPO and CYMPO is not responsible for the terms and conditions, privacy policies, or content of such sites, or for any further links from such sites. CYMPO is providing these links only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the Central Yavapai Metropolitan Planning Organization.
Likes and Shares
Note: If CYMPO follows another user’s account, “likes” another post, retweets, “favorites,” shares or otherwise reposts or engages with another user’s content, such action does not constitute an endorsement.
Users of CYMPO’s social media channels do not retain any rights over their postings. Postings to CYMPO’s social media platforms are intended for public view and any personal information posted constitutes a waiver of any rights to privacy or confidentiality. Postings are subject to all public records laws, meaning any information included in comments, including any names, email addresses, or images, may be released through a formal public records request to the media, a business or any person or entity. Therefore, before commenting on any CYMPO social media channel, understand that these postings are neither private nor confidential.
Public Records Law
CYMPO social media sites are subject to applicable public record laws. Any content maintained in a social media format related to CYMPO business, including communication posted by CYMPO and communication received from citizens, is a public record. CYMPO defaults to the retention policies for all Social Media sites used.
For questions or comments regarding the operation of any Central Yavapai Metropolitan Planning Organization (CYMPO) social media site, or for specific questions, please contact the CYMPO office at 928-442-5730, or email firstname.lastname@example.org