Aggressive Driving Awareness
- Eight out of 10 drivers surveyed in the AAA Foundation’s annual Traffic Safety culture Index rank aggressive driving as a “serious” or “extremely serious” risk that jeopardizes their safety.
- Aggressive driving is a major factor in U.S. traffic accidents.
- Aggressive related crashes contributed to 38 percent of all fatalities and 34 percent of all serious injuries in Arizona from 2005 to the end of 2012.
CYMPO – Central Yavapai Metropolitan Planning Organization
The Central Yavapai Metropolitan Planning Organization (CYMPO), a partnership of Chino Valley, City of Prescott, Dewey-Humboldt, Prescott Valley, Yavapai County and the Arizona Department of Transportation, was established in June 2003 by federal mandate when the region achieved a population of 50,000. Its purpose is to cooperatively plan the transportation future of the Central Yavapai region that falls within the 401.46 square miles of the MPO Planning Boundary
Through this cooperative effort, the participating agencies have made a commitment to their citizens that as the region grows, their multi-modal transportation system will grow with it to accommodate all needs, including roads and highways for cars and trucks, public transit, and pathways for bicycles and pedestrians.
October 20, 2016: The First Draft of the Yavapai County Regional Mobility Management Implementation Plan. Click here to download, view and review the First Draft (full document 32MB). If you would like to download smaller files, you may choose specific portions of this document here.
March 24, 2016: The latest Prescott Valley Transit District Evaluation has been released. Download and review below.
You Asked About Roundabouts?
Benefits of Modern Roundabouts:
- 90 percent reduction in fatal crashes
- 75 percent reduction in injury crashes
- 30-40 percent reduction in pedestrian crashes
- 10 percent reduction in bicycle crashes
- 30-50 percent increase in traffic capacity
- Reduction in fuel use and pollution.
- No signal equipment to install and repair.
- Quieter neighborhoods.
Click here to visit ADOT’s website for details, video, and illustrations regarding roundabouts.