Don’t Drive Distracted
Pay attention when you drive. Put the phone down. It only takes one second of being distracted to lose a life.
You don’t want your surgeon distracted, we don’t want you distracted behind the wheel. It only takes one second.
- Distraction contributes to 16% of all fatal crashes.
- When behind the wheel, job #1 is driving.
- Every day, 8 people are killed. 1,161 injured in crashes due to distracted driving.
CYMPO – Central Yavapai Metropolitan Planning Organization
The Central Yavapai Metropolitan Planning Organization (CYMPO), a partnership of Chino Valley, City of Prescott, Dewey-Humboldt, Prescott Valley, Yavapai County and the Arizona Department of Transportation, was established in June 2003 by federal mandate when the region achieved a population of 50,000. Its purpose is to cooperatively plan the transportation future of the Central Yavapai region that falls within the 401.46 square miles of the MPO Planning Boundary
Through this cooperative effort, the participating agencies have made a commitment to their citizens that as the region grows, their multi-modal transportation system will grow with it to accommodate all needs, including roads and highways for cars and trucks, public transit, and pathways for bicycles and pedestrians.
March 24, 2016: The latest Prescott Valley Transit District Evaluation has been released. Download and review below.
You Asked About Roundabouts?
Benefits of Modern Roundabouts:
- 90 percent reduction in fatal crashes
- 75 percent reduction in injury crashes
- 30-40 percent reduction in pedestrian crashes
- 10 percent reduction in bicycle crashes
- 30-50 percent increase in traffic capacity
- Reduction in fuel use and pollution.
- No signal equipment to install and repair.
- Quieter neighborhoods.
Click here to visit ADOT’s website for details, video, and illustrations regarding roundabouts.